About Us : Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), Pilani a leading Institute of Higher Education and a deemed University under section 3 of the UGC act offering degree programmes in Engineering, Sciences, Technology, Pharmacy, Management and Humanities. This web site describes the admission modalities for the on-campus degree programmes offered at Pilani campus, Goa Campus and Hyderabad Campus of BITS, Pilani.
Bits Admission Modality
The Institute is one of the very few universities in India, which has ventured into Work Integrated Learning Programmes in science and technology areas. In order to maintain the standard as well as rigour required in this area, admissions are given normally to candidates who are already employed in relevant areas and whose organizations support them in their academic pursuit subject to the candidates having the required academic qualifications. The Institute looks for candidates who have the necessary computer, laboratory and other physical facilities including access to Email and Internet as well as certain intellectual input in terms of guidance by superior / co-officer / professional expert preferably from the workplace of the candidate who will be termed as Mentor, while the candidate is in pursuit of studies.
The final offer of admission for WILP programmes, would be based on candidate’s educational background, academic achievements, work profile, relevant work experience, profile of the employing organization and Mentor’s profile
Upon receipt of your Application package, the Admissions Cell will review your candidature and scrutinise the Application Form and the supporting documents for completeness and accuracy.
Once received by us, you will be able to track the status of your Application Form through the Admission Portal/ Admission Center.
If your Application meets all necessary eligibility criteria, you will receive a notification of Admission Offer through the Admission Portal/ Admission Center. You will also receive an email notification about the status of your Application. You will be required to accept the Admission Offer online. Once you accept the Admission Offer, you will be prompted to pay the Admission Fee (INR 16,500/-) and the Semester Fee for the 1st semester (INR 47,800/-).
After you successfully pay the Admission Fee and the Semester Fee you will receive further communication confirming the Class Schedule, and will be given access to online learning resources.
If the number of applications for a particular programme is less than a critical number, that programme may not be offered in that semester.
Bits Pilani Admission
- Admission to Integrated UG courses are done on the basis of BITSAT scores.
- Candidates can apply online for BITSAT 2019 by filling an online form and providing program preferences along with class 12th scores.
- In case of MBA, candidates are shortlisted on the basis of CAT/GMAT scores, as well as performance in GD and PI rounds.
- Last date to register for MBA courses is February 15, 2019.
- For admission to ME and M.Pharm, candidates are required to appear in the online entrance test conducted by BITS across different cities.
- Registrations for admission to PG courses generally commence in the month of April every year.
- Admission to Ph.D courses is done on the basis of marks scored in written entrance test and interview.
BITS Pilani Admission Schedule 2019
Following is the schedule for BITSAT 2019: (tentative)
|Availability & Submission of Application form||March 13, 2019|
|Test centre allotment & announcement to candidates||March 21, 2019|
|Candidates to reserve test dates and Slot Booking||March 23 – April 5, 2019|
|Candidates to download the hall tickets||April 12 – May 10, 2019|
|BITSAT online tests||May 16 – 31, 2019|
|Apply for admissions with 12th marks and preferences||May 1 – June 18, 2019|
|Date of Publishment of Admit list||June 20, 2019|
Following is the schedule for MBA application and admission at BITS Pilani:
|Commencement of Registration||December 15, 2018|
|Last date to submit applications||February 15, 2019|
|Announcement of shortlist based on CAT/GMAT scores:||March 8, 2019|
|GD/Interview rounds||March 4th week/ April 1st week|
|Announcement of admission offers||May 10, 2019|
|Admission of selected students||July 28, 2019|
|Freshmen Orientation Program||July 30-31, 2019|
|Registration start||August 1, 2019|
Following is the schedule for Ph.D admission for 2nd semester 2018-19:
|Last date for submission completed application form at the admission office||Dec 8, 2018|
|Declaration of shortlist to candidates||Dec 20, 2018|
|Date for Test / Interviews||Jan 04, 2019|
|Announcement of admission offers||Jan 07, 2019|
|Reporting of selected students in respective campus||Jan 12, 2019|
|Registration||Jan 14, 2019|
BITS Pilani BE and B.Pharm Admission 2019 – BITSAT 2019
|BE||Computer Science||The candidate should have passed 10+2 examination with a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects, and at least 60% marks in each of the subjects individually.|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|Electronics and Instrumentation Engg.|
|B.Pharm||Pharmacy||The candidate should have passed 10+2 examination with a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and at least 60% marks in each of the subjects individually.|
BITS Pilani MBA Admissions 2019
- Candidates who possess any Integrated first degree of BITS are eligible to apply for MBA program.
- Those who hold B.E./B.Tech degree in Engineering disciplines or Masters in any discipline with minimum 60% marks can apply for MBA.
- Selection of candidates for MBA is done on the basis of CAT/ GMAT scores.
- Applicants for admission to the MBA program will also be considered for Teaching Assistantship in addition to tuition fee waiver scheme.
|Course Name||Specialization||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|PhD||Finance and Accounting||Post-Graduate (ME/ M.Pharm/ M.Phil./ MBA) degree from BITS with minimum 60% aggregate of marks.||Ph.D. entrance test conducted by BITS, Pilani|
|Organizational Behavior and HR Management|
|Operations Management and Decision Science|
|IT and Technology Management|
|Strategy and Entrepreneurship|
According to BITS Pilani Admission Criteria, admission to the MBA Program will be made purely on merit. Shortlisted candidates (on the basis of CAT/ GMAT score) are intimated for Group Discussion and Interview round by the Admission Authority of BITS. The selected candidates will be required to appear for GD and PI rounds to be held across various cities in India such as Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Goa and Pilani.
- CAT is a national level entrance test conducted through online mode usually in the month of November/ December every year.
- GMAT is a computer adaptive test and its score remains valid for 5 years.
BITS Pilani ME and M.Pharm Admissions 2019
|ME||Biotechnology||Integrated first degree of BITS or its equivalent with adequate preparation in Biochemistry and Microbiology with a minimum 60% marks|
|Chemical||Integrated first degree of BITS in the same discipline or its equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 60%|
|Civil – Structural Engineering|
|Civil – Infrastructure Systems|
|Civil – Transportation Engineering|
|Communication Engineering||Integrated first degree of BITS in Electrical & Electronics/ Electronics & Instrumentation or its equivalent with minimum 60% aggregate|
|Embedded Systems||Integrated first degree of BITS in Electrical & Electronics/ Electronics & Instrumentation or its equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 60%|
|Microelectronics||Integrated first degree of BITS in Electrical & Electronics/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Computer Science/ Physics or its equivalent|
|Manufacturing Systems Engineering||Integrated first degree of BITS in Mechanical or its equivalent or M.Sc. (Tech.) Engineering Technology of BITS or its equivalent with the requirement of taking certain additional courses with a minimum aggregate of 60%|
|Software Systems||Integrated first degree of BITS in the same discipline or its equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 60%|
|M.Pharm||General||Integrated first degree of BITS in Pharmacy or its equivalent|
BITS Pilani Ph.D Admissions 2019
- M.E/M.Pharm./MBA/ M.Phil of BITS or its equivalent with a minimum of 60% aggregate.
- M Sc/B.E or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate.
- For Ph.D in languages and humanities, candidates with an M.Phil/MA and with minimum of 55% aggregate may also be considered.
|Ph.D.||Biological Sciences||M.E./M.Pharm./MBA/M.Phil of BITS or its equivalent with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination.
Candidates with an M.Sc./B.E./B.Pharm or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate may also be considered for Ph.D. admission subject to their suitability and competence
Candidates with an M.A. with a minimum of 55% aggregate may also be considered
|Computer Science & Information Systems|
|Economics and Finance|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|Humanities and Social Sciences|
BITS Pilani Application Process 2019
Candidates must apply online for BITSAT 2019 from the official website. Interested candidates should register online by filling in the prescribed BITS Pilani Application Form and submitting the required processing fee. The application fee is INR 2950 for Male candidates and INR 2450 for Female candidates. Candidates opting for Dubai as the exam centre need to submit US $70 (INR 4500) as application fee.
Last date to submit the application for BITSAT 2019 is March 13, 2019 (5:00 PM).
For MBA Registration:
Interested candidates can download the prescribed BITS Pilani Application Form available online and take its printout. Candidate must also submit an application fee of INR 2750 through the available payment modes.
Last date for submission of the completed application form online is February 15, 2019.
Candidates can submit the application fees by one of the following methods.
- Payment by Credit Cards or Debit Cards
- Payment through Net Banking
- Payment by cash at all ICICI bank branches through Challan
While filling the MBA Application form online, candidates should choose the first Payment option, namely “Payment by cash at ICICI bank branches through Challan”. Subsequently, an online fee payment challan gets automatically generated. Candidates should take a printout of this challan & sign at the designated places.
- Candidates should carry this challan to any of the ICICI Bank branches and hand it over to the Bank Staff along with the amount specified on challan in cash.
- The bank staff shall note down a bank transaction no on the challan, sign and stamp at all the three parts of the challan.
- The bank shall keep the “Bank copy” part of the challan for their records and return the “Student Copy” and “Institution Copy” to you.
- Keep the applicant copy with you for records and attach the “Institution Copy” along with the printout of the application form & post them to the BITS Pilani.
The completed application form along with the prescribed fee should be sent to the following address:
Bitsat 2018 CutOff
|Branch name||Closing Score|
|4-Year B.Pharm. Course|
Bitsat Application Form 2019
View More Details
Bits Admission Contact Number
|Room No: A-415, BITS Pilani, K K Birla Goa Campus|
|NH 17 B, Zuarinagar, Goa, India-403726|
|Phone||+91-832 2580 176|
Check More Details
- Bitsat Admission
- Bits Admissions 2019
- Bits Pilani Admission
- Amity Admission Online
- Ou Admissions 2019
- Delhi University Admissions
- Nit Admission
- Srm University Admission 2019
- Kurukshetra University Admission
- Online College Admission 2019