Set up in 1986, NIFT is the pioneering institute of fashion education in the country and has been in the vanguard of providing professional human resource to the textile and apparel industry. It was made a statutory institute in 2006 by an Act of the Indian Parliament with the President of India as ‘Visitor’ and has full fledged campuses all across the country. Over the years NIFT has also been working as a knowledge service provider to the Union and State governments in the area of design development and positioning of handlooms and handicrafts.
Nift Admission 2019
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), will be conducting NIFT 2019 on January 20 for admissions to B.Des and B.F.Tech programmes. The official notification of NIFT 2019 has been released on October 22. Registration has begun for NIFT from October 22 and the last date for filling it is December 28, 2018. Candidates will be able to pay register by paying the late fee till January 3. Correction window will open from December 29 to January 3. NIFT admit card 2019 will be available for downloading from January 10. As many as 2,370 seats across Bachelor of Design (B.Des) and Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech) programmes will be allocated to the qualified candidates on merit basis. Every year, nearly 23,000 aspirants appear for this national level exam.
|Exam Name||NIFT Entrance Exam|
|Conducting body of NIFT entrance exam||National Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi|
|Total seats||2,370 seats (2010 B. Design and 360 B. F.Tech)|
|Participating institutes||16 NIFT campuses|
|NIFT application fee||Rs.1500 for General/OBC and Rs.750 for SC/ST/PWD|
|Exam duration||3 hours|
Important Dates for NIFT admission 2019
|Commencement of NIFT 2019 online application||October 22, 2018|
|Last date of NIFT application 2019||December 28, 2018|
|Availability of online admit card of NIFT 2019||January 10, 2019|
|NIFT entrance test 2019 (GAT and CAT)||January 20, 2019|
|NIFT result 2019||February -March 2019|
|Registration for NIFT 2019 situation test||First week of April 2019|
|Situation Test/Group Discussion/Interview||April-May 2019|
|Declaration of final result (online)||End of May 2019|
|NIFT 2019 counselling process (round 1)||Second and third week of June 2019|
|NIFT 2019 counselling process (round 2)||Third week of July 2019|
Candidates, who are interested in applying for the undergraduate design and fashion technology courses, can check the prescribed eligibility criteria of NIFT admission 2019 below:
- Maximum age–23 years as on October 1, 2018. The upper age limit may be relaxed by a period of five years for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Differently Abled Person (PHP).
- Educational qualification– Aspirants must have cleared the +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination.
NIFT Application Form 2019
The application form of NIFT 2019 can be filled from October 22 to December 28, 2018. The application fee for NIFT 2019 form has to be paid through online payment gateway or through bank demand draft issued in favour of “NIFT HO” payable at New Delhi.
- Fee for General/OBC (Non-Creamy) Category- Rs. 2000 through payment gateway or demand draft
- Fee for SC/ST/PHP Category- Rs.1000 through payment gateway or Demand Draft
Those applying for NIFT 2019 via demand draft are required to send the printout of the duly completed NIFT 2019 application form along with the demand draft to the following address:
Project Manager – CMS
All India Management Association
14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003
Application Procedure for NIFT Admission 2019- Steps to Follow
- New candidates should create login ID.
- Already logged in candidates have to complete the process of filling online application form.
- After submitting it, they need to check status of their NIFT 2019 application.
- At last, they can download their admit card also.
Applicants should keep a printout/photocopy of the NIFT application form 2019 for further reference along with proof of payment.
NIFT 2019 Test Centres (cities)
Nift Admission Fees
Candidate must be a regular student, enrolled in a UG/PG course at any of NIFT campuses. The student must not fall under NRI/NRI sponsored category. The annual parental income of the candidate must be below 4.00 lakhs/annum for UG students & 2.00 lakhs/annum for PG students.
Nift Entrance Exam Syllabus
NIFT Syllabus 2019 is pre- defined by the National Institute of Fashion Technology. It is important to know about the syllabus beforehand, to prepare better for NIFT 2019. The exam is scheduled in the month of January 2019.
The various courses offered by NIFT are:
- Bachelor of Design (B. Des.)
- Master of Design (M. Des.)
- Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B. F. Tech.)
- Master of Fashion Technology (M. F. Tech.)
- Master of Fashion Management (MFM)
The criterion for admission to various courses mentioned above, is on the basis of the written entrance exam namely- GAT and CAT. The GAT is held for all PG and UG programmes offered. Whereas, CAT is to be given for B. Des. and M.Des. programmes only.
Syllabus for NIFT 2019 GAT
The General Ability Test or GAT for B. Des. and M. Des. consists of following sections:
- Quantitative Ability
- Communication Ability
- English Comprehension
- Analytical Ability
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
The NIFT 2019 exam syllabus for GAT is described below:
- Quantitative Ability, they assess the quantitative ability of candidates. The major areas of testing in this section are Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentage, Rate of Interest, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion and Distance.
- Communicative Ability section, the candidate is tested on their language skills and its use in the day-to-day communication in English. This sub-section includes questions from Synonyms, Antonyms, Words with corresponding meanings, Singular, Plural, One word Substitutes, Idioms and Phrases, Spelling correction etc.
- English Comprehension section, a candidate is tested on their reading abilities and comprehending abilities of a given situation in the given unseen passage. This section tests the basic English language skills through the questions based on the passage.
- Analytical Ability sub-section is designed to test the candidate’s capacity for ability of inference and logic from the given information. This section picks up questions from the areas of logical reasoning where candidates are supposed to draw logical conclusions from the analytical reasoning questions.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs sub-section, as per the NIFT 2019 syllabus is designed to test the candidate’s general awareness and current affairs. The questions in this section are taken up from the current affairs sections and general knowledge.
- Quantitative Ability
- Communication Ability and English Comprehension
- Analytical and Logical Ability
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Case Study
Syllabus for NIFT 2019 CAT
The Creative Ability Test or CAT is a test which is specially designed to judge and assess the intuitive ability, the observation power of the candidate in terms of concept development and design ability. The major motive of this test is to assess the creative and innovative use of color and illustration skills of the candidates. The candidates are required to work on their drawing skills and use their imagination to create new ideas by using colors. This exam is conducted for the candidates giving the Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) or Master of Design (M.Des.) exam.
Syllabus for NIFT 2019 Situation Test
The situation test is conducted for the shortlisted candidates appearing for B. Des. This test is a ‘hands-on’ test to evaluate the candidate’s skills for material handling and the innovative ability on a given set of material. This test is helpful for the assessment of the creative aspect of the candidate’s minds and they shall be asked to prepare a model out of the given materials.
The model thus produced by the candidate would be evaluated on the basis of space visualization, innovative and creative use of the given materials, the composition of elements, colour use, the skills added by the candidate in constructing the model, the finesse of the model and the overall presentation and neatness of work. Along with the construction of the model, the candidate has to explain the idea and concept of the model in a write-up which would be the guide to the model. The write-up would be checked on the given parameters.
Nift Registration 2019
|Exam name||NIFT 2019|
|Mode of registration||Online|
NIFT 2019 Application Form Important Dates
The dates for NIFT 2019 Application Form have not been released on the official website. But, candidates can check the tentative schedule tabulated below.
|NIFT 2019 Application Form will be available from||November 2018|
|Last date to fill NIFT 2019 Application Form||January 2019|
|Last date to remit the application fee||January 2019|
|NIFT 2019 admit card will be issued on||January 2019|
|NIFT 2019 is scheduled on||February 2019|
The application fee according to various categories is as follows:
|General/ OBC (Non- creamy) category||Rs.1500|
Details to be filled in NIFT Application Form 2019
|Name||Same as in class 10/SSC certificate/ name on the passport.|
|DOB||Date of birth in the format of date/ month and year. This has to be selected from the calendar placed next to the text box.|
|Enter mobile number||A functional mobile number that can be used for future communication.|
|Enter email id||A functional email id of yourself or your parents/siblings/relatives which can be used for sending the details of the registration number and password.|
|Enter the year of passing||Enter details of the year of passing the qualifying examination.|
|Father’s / mother’s name||Enter the name of either parent in as written in the class 10 certificate of DOB certificate|
|Fees||An amount of Rs.1500 has to be paid and details of the mode of payment.|
|Education qualification||Details of marks have to be filled in percentage for class 10, 12 and graduation.|
|Correspondence address||Details of home address/ local address have to be supplied. This will be used for sending letters or communication.|
Check More Details Here
- Nit Admission
- Common Law Admission Test
- Ignou B.ed Admission 2019
- MBA Entrance Exams
- Nid Admission 2019
- Ignou Bed Admission 2019
- Ignou Mba Admission
- Polytechnic Admission
- IBPS Clerk Prelims & Mains Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- Common Admission Test