The National University of Singapore aspires to be a vital community of academics, researchers, staff, students and alumni working together in a spirit of innovation and enterprise for a better world.
Our singular focus on talent will be the cornerstone of a truly great university that is dedicated to quality education, influential research and visionary enterprise, in service of country and society.
Nus Admission 2019
Please note the application closing dates for the various qualifications as follows:
|Qualification Type||AY2019 Application Closing Dates||AY2019 Documents Submission Deadline||Estimated Application Outcome by:||Appeal Window|
|Indonesian Ujian Nasional (UN)
Vietnam National High School Graduation Examination
Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)[1
|1 January 2019, Tuesday||4 January 2019, Friday||Mid-May||Information will be available from February 2019 onwards|
|All qualifications except:
||28 February 2019, Thursday||3 March 2019, Sunday||Mid-May to end July|
|Indian Standard 12 (CBSE, ISC and Stateboards)||31 March 2019, Sunday||3 April 2019, Wednesday||Mid-July|
Admission requirements and closing dates
If you are an international applicant seeking admission to NUS, you should have completed or are completing high school, that is, at least twelve years of general education by July of the year of application. You may view the list of acceptable high school qualifications and applicant group types below.
Please ensure that you select the correct qualification and applicant group type before submitting an online application.
Applicant Group type to choose:
- If you have completed high school final examination, please select ‘I have completed the high school final examination’ in section 3 ‘High School Education’ of the application form.
- If you are sitting for the high school final examination and results will be available after application closing date, please select ‘I will be completing the high school final examination after application closing date’ in section 3 ‘High School Education’ of the application form.
Application closing dates apply according to your high school qualification. Unless otherwise specified, your complete application with all supporting documents must reach the Office of Admissions by the application closing date.
- ‘A’ Level (AQA, Cambridge, Edexcel, London, OCR, Oxford International AQA)
- American High School Diploma
- Australian High School
- Brunei ‘A’ Level
- Canadian High School Diploma
- Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE)
- Danish Studentereksamen (Upper Secondary Leaving Examination)
- European Baccalaureate Diploma
- French Baccalaureate Diploma
- Gao Kao or PRC National College Entrance Examination
- German Abitur
- Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE)/ Hong Kong ‘A’ Level
- Indian Standard 12 (Central and ISC Boards)
- Indian Standard 12 (State and other Boards)
- Indonesian Ujian Nasional (UN)
- Italian Diploma di Esame di Stato
- Mauritius High School Certificate
- New Zealand National Certificate of Education Achievement (NCEA) Level 3
- Oman Thanawiya Amma (Secondary School Leaving Certificate)
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM)
- Sri Lanka ‘A’ Level
- Swiss Matura/ Swiss Federal Maturity Certificate
- Taiwan Senior High School
- Thailand Certificate of Secondary Education (Mathayom 6)
- Turkish High School
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)
- Vietnam National High School Graduation Examination
- Other High School Qualifications
Students, including home study students, may submit the following scores to compete for undergraduate admissions:
i. ACT with Writing and SAT Subject Tests, or
ii. SAT and SAT Subject Tests, or
iii. Advanced Placement score report
Applicants presenting accredited Diplomas obtained from a Polytechnic in Singapore should apply under Polytechnic Diplomas from Singapore in February 2019.
Nus Admission Office
Office of Admissions
National University of Singapore
- University Town
2 College Avenue West, #01-03
(Stephen Riady Centre)
- University Town
- Mondays to Thursdays: 8.30am to 6.00pm
Fridays: 8.30am to 5.30pm
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays
- Mondays to Thursdays: 8.30am to 6.00pm
+65 6516 1010
- (Mondays to Fridays: 8:30am to 1:00pm; 2:00 pm to 5:30pm)
- (UG Admissions and Scholarships)
- +65 6516 2870 (Financial Aid)
Nus Admission Status
On the application form, you will be asked to create an 8-character alpha-numeric, case sensitive PIN. Please keep this PIN confidential. Together with your application number, this PIN can be used, to access the following online facilities related to your application:
- Online status enquiry
- Online reply to NUS’ offer of admission
- Online Submission of Supporting Documents
- Online appeal
- Online Payment of Application Fee
You will need the following information to reset your PIN:
- Application Number
- Email address that was provided in your online application form
If you are unable to reset your PIN after three attempts, you will need to personally reset your PIN at the Office of Admissions. Please bring along your NRIC/Passport for verification purposes.
Online status enquiry
After submission of your application, please make regular use of this facility to check your application, document and payment status. If you have posted your supporting documents and bank draft, please allow 2-3 weeks for postal delivery before checking for a status update. In addition, it is possible for your documents and payment status to be updated separately, that is, we may update the status of your documents first and that of your payment after it has been processed. In this instance, you should check for an update to your payment status at a later date.
Correspondence with the Office of Admissions
The Office of Admissions will correspond with you primarily using email and the online status enquiry during the application process to convey messages such as document requests, interview notification, etc. Please provide a correct and functional email address and maintain your email account regularly. The Office of Admissions will not be responsible for undeliverable emails and their consequences.
Nus Admission Criteria For indian Students For Ms
Candidates who have graduated from Indian universities may submit GATE scores instead. Candidates should have a minimum GRE score of 320 (verbal & quantitative) and 3.5 (analytical), or a GMAT score of 650 and above. The minimum TOEFL scores for Internet Based Test (IBT) is 90; or IELTS score of 6.0.
Nus Application Form
Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents:
- With International Qualifications, and
- Not currently or previously enrolled in any University / Tertiary Institution(s)
Application for admission in Academic Year 2019-2020
Nus Graduate Admission
Minimum Requirements for Research-based Programmes
Candidates must demonstrate readiness for graduate study through some specific standard of achievement in a common entry examination (e.g., the subject GRE, GMAT), and/or an admissions test or an interview.
Admission to a research Master’s programme normally requires a good Honours degree or equivalent, in a relevant discipline. Departments may also admit students with a good Bachelor’s degree with relevant research or working experience on a case-by-case basis, subject to approval by the Board of Graduate Studies (BGS).
Admission into a PhD programme requires a good Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, or at least a Second Class Upper Honours / Honours (Distinction) degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
Credit Transfer/Exemption Policy for Research-based Programmes
Credit transfer and exemption for the coursework component of the graduate research programme may be granted for NUS modules taken and passed prior to admission to the programme or for modules completed at another tertiary institution recognised by the University. Only modules relevant to the degree programme to which the candidate seeks admission, with comparable content and level of sophistication, and read not more than ten (10) years before the date of admission may be considered for credit transfer / exemption. Faculty/School may impose shorter period of validity if necessary, or reject if contents of the module is no longer relevant.
There is no limit to the transfer of credit for relevant modules that have not been used towards another degree (i.e. Bachelor, Master, PhD, Doctorate; excludes Graduate Diploma) at NUS or elsewhere. For relevant modules that have been credited towards another degree elsewhere, up to 50% of the MCs required in the coursework component of the NUS graduate research programme into which the candidate seeks admission may be exempted. For relevant NUS modules that have been credited towards another degree at NUS, on a case-by-case basis and subject to approval, more than 50% of the MCs required in the coursework component of the NUS graduate research programme may be allowed credit and grade transfer. These modules must be of level 5000 and above.
Students seeking credit transfer and exemption should apply to the relevant programme office within the first month of candidature.
Minimum Requirements for Coursework-based Programmes
Admission to a Graduate Diploma would require a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline; or a Bachelor’s degree with a relevant Graduate Certificate with a minimum CAP of 3.00.
Admission to a Master’s coursework programme would require a Bachelor’s degree with honours or equivalent, in a relevant discipline; or a Bachelor’s degree with a relevant Graduate Diploma/Graduate Certificate with a minimum CAP of 3.00. In addition, programmes may require candidates to demonstrate readiness for graduate study through a specific standard of achievement in:
- Common placement examination (e.g., the subject GRE, GMAT); or
- Programme-administered placement test in the relevant field (which may also consist of a structured interview to test the candidate’s understanding of the field); or
- Completion of 40 MCs of preparatory modules.
- Ntu Admissions
- Fyjc Online Admission
- Cmc Vellore Admission
- Bits Admission 2019
- TMBU Admission 2018. Application Form, Eligibility, Dates
- Ignou Admission
- Fyjc Admission 2019
- Iist Admission 2019
- Admission in Ignou
- Nios Online Admission