What is WBCS?
It is Civil Services Exam of West Bengal.
WBCS Syllabus 2018
Are you one of the applicants of Civil Services Exam of West Bengal. In your answer is yes, then you need to begin your exam preparation. The WBPSC Board officials had all set to conduct the written test in the Month of January 2018. So, applicants who are going to appear for the WBCS written exam, don’t get worried. You have reached the right destination. Here you can get the Latest WBPSC Civil Services Exam Syllabus 2018 along with the exam pattern. The competition for the WB Civil Services is very high. So, candidates begin your exam preparation as early as possible.
Also, aspirants need to know the detailed WBCS Syllabus 2018 before starting your exam preparation. Without knowing the Syllabus for West Bengal PSC Civil Services Exam 2018 candidates cannot clear the written examination. Go through each and every topic in the West Bengal PSC Civil Service Exam Syllabus 2018 and analyze which topics are easy to you and which are not. Then you can make a schedule according to your idea and can score better marks in the written examination conducted by the west bengal Public Service Commission.
WBCS Civil Services Syllabus 2018 for Prelims and Mains Exam is available here. Aspirants applied for the WB civil Services Exam start your exam preparation by referring the West Bengal Civil Services Exam Syllabus 2018 and Exam Pattern. Free link to Download WBPSC Civil Service Syllabus 2018 attached at the bottom of this page. Refer PSCWB Civil Service Group A, B, C & D Syllabus 2018 at the official website @ www.pscwb.org.in. Know more details regarding the Civil Services exam date, subject wise topics of WBCS Exam Syllabus and Test pattern in the following sections.
West Bengal Civil Services Exam Syllabus 2018
|Download WBPSC Civil Services Syllabus 2018 pdf|
|Name of the Board||West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC)|
|Name of the Posts||Civil Service Posts (Group A, B, C, D Posts)|
|The starting date to apply for West Bengal Civil Services Exam Notification 2018||10th November 2017|
|Last Date to fill online application WB Civil Service Jobs 2018||30th November 2017|
|Exam Location||West Bengal, India|
|WBPSC Civil Services Exam Date||will update soon|
|Selection Process||Prelims, Mains and Interview|
|WBPSC Official website||www.pscwb.org.in|
|Category||Exam syllabus & Test Pattern|
West Bengal Civil Service Exam Pattern 2018
Here is the Exam pattern for Civil Services Prelims and Mains examination of WBPSC. The WBCS Exam Pattern will help the candidates to know the structure of the question paper. By knowing the subjects asked for the written test, no of marks for each subject and the duration of exam applicants can plan a schedule for their preparation. Make a note of this WBPSC Civil Service Exam Pattern and then kick start your preparation. Also, go to the below section and know the detailed topics of WBCS Syllabus 2018.
WB Public Service Commission Civil Services Preliminary Exam Pattern
- WBCS is an Objective type Examination.
- The Papers Consists of 200 multiple-choice questions.
- Each question carries one mark.
- The Exam duration is 2 hours 30 minutes.
|S.No||Name of the Subjects||Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||English Composition||25||2 hours 30 minutes|
|3||Current Events of National & International Importance||25|
|4||History of India||25|
|5||Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal||25|
|6||Indian Polity and Economy||25|
|7||Indian National Movement||25|
|8||General Mental Ability||25|
WBCS Civil Services Mains Exam Pattern
- The West Bengal Civil Services Main Exam consists of 6 Compulsory papers and 1 optional Subject of 2 paper (Only for Group A & B applied candidates).
- PSC West Bengal Civil Services Mains Exam consists of 8 Papers.
- Each paper contains 200 questions and carries 200 marks each.
- The time duration for each Paper is 3 hours.
|S.No||Type of Exam||Paper No||Name of the Subject||Total Marks||Duration of the test|
|1||Written Test||I||Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu/ Nepali/ Santali||200||3 hours|
|III||General Studies – I||200||3 hours|
|IV||General Studies – II||200||3 hours|
|V||Indian Constitution & Indian Economy||200||3 hours|
|VI||Arithmetic & Test of Reasoning||200||3 hours|
|VII||Optional Subject (Paper – I)||200||3 hours|
|VIII||Optional Subject (Paper – II)||200||3 hours|
|2||Personality Test||200 Marks|
Exam Syllabus 2018
The West Bengal Public service Commission will conduct the Civil Service Prelims and Mains exam to select the talented candidates. Applicants for the exam must prepare well to crack the written test. To help the aspirants in the preparation the topic wise WBPCS Syllabus 2018 is enlisted here. Candidates know the important topics and practice by taking the help of West Bengal Civil Service Exam 2018 Syllabus. Aspirants who wish to grab the civil service job at WBPSC must work hard as the competition for the jobs is high. Practice every topic enclosed below to secure good marks in the written test. Moreover, aspirants searching for the Govt job exams syllabus, refer Exam Syllabus page of our site.
WBPSC Civil Services Prelims Syllabus 2018
- Idioms and Phrases
- The same words are bearing more than one meaning.
- Vocabulary test
- Phrasal Verbs
- Use of appropriate and qualifying words etc
- General appreciation and understanding of science.
- Including matters of everyday observation and experience.
- Emphasis will be on the broad general understanding of the subject in its social.
- Economic and political aspects.
Geography of India
- Social and Economic Geography of the country.
- Including the main features of Indian Agricultural and Natural Resources with special reference to West Bengal.
Indian Polity and Economy
- Panchayati Raj
- Knowledge of the country‘s Political System.
- Community Development and Planning in India.
Indian National Movement
- Nature and character of the Nineteenth Century Resurgence.
- The Growth of Nationalism and Attainment of Independence.
General Mental Ability
- Logical perception
- Natural conclusion.
WBCS Syllabus 2018 for Mains Exam
Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu/ Nepali/ Santali Syllabus
- Precis Writing.
- Drafting of Report.
- Letter Writing.
- Translation from English to Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu/ Nepali/ Santali etc.
West Bengal Civil Services Main Exam Syllabus 2018 for English
- Letter writing.
- Drafting of Report.
- Precis Writing.
- Translation from Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali to English etc.
WBCS Syllabus 2018 for General Studies
- Ozone Layer & related issues
- Geography of India.
- Indian National Movement.
- General Science.
- Indian History.
- Geography of West Bengal.
- Scientific & Technological Advancement.
- Global Warming.
- General Knowledge
- Biodiversity and Coastal Regulation Zone.
- Industrial & Environmental Pollution.
- Current Affairs – National & International etc.
PSC West Bengal Civil Service Exam 2018 Syllabus for Arithmetic & Test of Reasoning
- Diagrams Series.
- Logical Deduction.
- The implication of sentences.
- Letter Series.
- Data Sufficiency.
- Number series.
- Analogy tests.
- Data Interpretation.
- Logical Reasoning.
- Mathematical puzzles.
- Symbol Interpretation.
- Perception test.
- The Odd man out.
- The forcefulness of the Arguments.
- Non-verbal reasoning etc.
WBPSC Civil Services Main Exam Syllabus 2018 for Optional Subject
- Comparative Literature.
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science.
- Civil Engineering.
- Commerce and Accountancy.
- Computer Science.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Medical Science.
- Political Science.
- BPSC Syllabus
- ASRB Syllabus 2018
- IBPS Clerk Prelims & Mains Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- Uniraj Result – Admit Card – Syllabus – Date – Exam Form
- UGC Net Syllabus 2018
- WB Board Madhyamik Results 2018
- E-litmus Syllabus
- MGKVP Result – Exam Pattern – Syllabus – Admit Card
- RTMNU Syllabus
- Makaut Result 2018 – 2017. Net Result, Admit Card and Exam pattern
10+ years of working experience and love to write useful information.