What is IBPS PO 2018 ?
IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection also known as IBPS, is a recruitment body that was started with an aim to encourage the recruitment and placement of young graduates in public sector banks in India (except SBI). It also provides standardized system.
IBPS PO 2018 Important Dates
The important dates for IBPS PO /MT CWE VII 2018 are as follows:
|IBPS PO Online Registration/ Edit/ Modification of Application||
|Application Fees/Intimation Charges Online Payments||
August to September 2018
|IBPS PO Preliminary Exam Training Conducted||
September to October
|Download IBPS PO Preliminary Exam call letter||
|Declaration of IBPS PO Preliminary Exam Result||
|Download IBPS PO Call Letter for Main Exam||
|Declaration of IBPS PO Mains Exam Result||
|Declaration and download of IBPS PO Interview Call Letter||
|Date of IBPS PO Interview||
January / February 2019
|Allotment of Provisional Posting||
IBPS PO 2018 Exam Dates
The important dates for IBPS PO /MT CWE 2018 are as follows:
13th, 14th , 20th & 21st October 2018
18th November 2018
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria – 2018
Educational Qualification :
The eligibility criteria for the IBPS CWE PO exam is Graduation Degree in any of the streams such as BA, B.Com, BSc, B.Tech, etc., from a University recognized by the Government of India. The percentage of marks obtained in Graduation should be mentioned at time of registration for the IBPS Bank-PO examination.
Computer Literacy: Knowledge of computer operation is a must as IBPS PO exam is conducted online.
Language Proficiency: Candidates should have verbal and written proficiency in official language of the State/UT. The candidate should be able to read, write and speak the language.
Age Eligibility :
20 – 30 Years
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (Army personnel)||5 years|
|Widows/Divorced Women||9 years|
|Persons with Domicile of Jammu &Kashmir during the period of 1-1-1980 to 31-12-1989||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Regular Employees of Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal|
|retrenched from service(for MP state Only)||5 years|
Nationality / Citizenship of Applicants:
Candidates applying for IBPS CWE/Bank PO Examination should be one of the following:
1. Citizen of India
2. Subject of Nepal or Bhutan
3. Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement
4. Person of Indian Origin (PIO) who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam or East African countries of Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, with the intention of permanent settlement in India
Candidates belonging to the category 2, 3, 4 must have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt of India in their favour.
What is the work profile of a bank po ?
Designation Probationary Officers holds (PO) in banks –
The IBPS PO work profile includes holding the designation of an Assistant Manager (AM) on Probation. He is in Junior Management Grade-1 (JMG-Scale 1) Officer thus he is often called as Scale 1 Officer or Asst. Manager.
Initial Posting of Probationary Officer(PO) –
If you get selected as a Probationary Officer, you will go through Induction training program in Management Training Academies of the bank which lasts for 10 to 20 days. The duration of training varies from bank to bank. After completion of their induction training in Management Training Academies, a PO can be posted anywhere in India, as the service of Government Bank Officer is All India based service.
They can be posted as an Asst. Manager on probation in different branches or Head Office or Corporate Office or Zonal Offices or in specialized branches like microstate branches, treasury Branches etc. as per placement policy of particular banks.
Some Job Roles of Probationary Officer
- During the probation period they are trained for having the practical knowledge in finance, accounting, marketing, billing as well as investment.
- This is done by entrusting them with jobs of various categories, viz. any of the routine works such as scrolling, posting, account preparation etc.
- Another responsibility of PO is to work as
- Public relations officer
- Handle customer complaints and address various customer related issues
- Discrepancies in accounts
- Rectification of undue charges
- Look into complaints regarding services provided by the bank.
- A bank PO issues ATM cards, cheque books, Demand Drafts etc.
- Work of a bank PO also includes managerial tasks, such as supervision of clerical work, taking decisions for the benefit of the bank, managing cash balance etc.
- When the Management Trainee successfully completes the training period of 2 years, he is promoted as Assistant Bank Manager. Now there is a change in the work responsibilities too. The basis work profile now involves to handle on daily customer transactions, viz. passing a cheque, draft issuance, cash management etc.
IBPS PO 2018 Salary Details
Basic Pay: INR 14500-25700
Getting this pay scale in any government sector is like a big achievement nowadays for candidates.
House Rent Allowance
This varies from 6% to 15% allowance of the basic salary and depends on the area in which bank is located. Renting and owning house are the most difficult thing if you are posted for banking jobs. This is biggest expense when you are out of your city.
PO gets INR 10700 as a dearness allowance which makes this post the most desirable for candidates.
Hospitalization Reimbursement & Leave Fare Concession
Nobody likes to spend their earnings on illness. So as some banks think. Banks pay leave fare and for illness of probationary officer. A probationary officer gets INR 700 per day for room allowance in hospital. This include 1st class A/C train ticket or economy class flight ticket, taxi charges and amount paid to auto if any.
While training for 2 years PO can get relocations so he gets INR 1500 per day other than travel expenses.
These other allowance includes daily newspaper expenses and petrol expenses up to 35 Liters. Some premium banks also give telephone and entertainment expenses. Various banks also give Reimbursements like furniture allowance, briefcase allowance, cheaper loans and life insurance policies.
This is a complete work life of many Probationary officers. Hope this information helped you in gaining a complete insight of the enormous benefits a bank PO official enjoys. If you dream of getting associated with any of the partner banks who join IBPS Common Recruitment Process (CRP) the you must take the IBPS PO/MT CWE VI exam.
Good Luck for your leaning endeavors. You invest with the hard work, Eduncle has the right approach for you! Join Eduncle and prepare confidently for IBPS PO/MT VI.