Karnataka Public Service Commission, chiefly known as KPSC is a government agency of Karnataka state, aimed to make recruitments to various civil services through competitive and departmental examinations in its jurisdiction under the area of 191,791 km2 (74,051 sq mi).
Karnataka state was initially serving without having any recruitment agency. But on 16 May 1921, the government laid the foundation of the Central Recruitment Board. It was headed by a commissioner secretary on 19 January 1940 when the country was under British rule. After 5 years of the independence, the Public Service Commission was constituted on 18 May 1951 under the provisions of the Constitution of India and Public Service Commission Regulations 1950. At the time of its initial formation, the commission served under 13 Chairmen and 64 members.
Duties and functions
The commission perform its duties and functions in accordance with the Article-320 and Government of India act 1935. In case, the commission lack recruitment transparency or perform its duties arbitrarily, it is responsible to follow the judicial proceedings in order to determine and enforce legal rights.
- To conduct examinations including civil and departmental for appointments in the state.
- To advise the state government on all matters relating to the methods of recruitment.
- To make appointments to civil services and promotions.
- To advise the state government in transferring the officers from one service to another.
- To grant pensions and awards in respect of injuries sustained by a person while serving under the Government in a civil capacity.
- To consult the Union Public Service Commission in framing the rules and recruitment procedures.
The KPS Commission is headed by a Chairman, Secretary and other members for their specific roles.
|G.R.J.Divya Prabhu||Controller examination|
|Dr. Chandrakant D.Shivakeri||Member|
|Dr. H Ravikumar||Member|
|Dr. R Lakshmi Narayana||Member|
- "State Public Service Commissions". UPSC. 2017-06-29. Retrieved 2020-02-13.
- "Karnataka Public Service Commission". News18. 2012-07-16. Retrieved 2020-02-15.
- "Karnataka Public Service Commission". Karnataka Public Service Commission1 (in Kannada). Retrieved 2020-02-15.
- "State Public Service Commission". Jagranjosh.com (in Latin). 2015-07-31. Retrieved 2020-02-15.
- "Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah announces probe into Public Service irregularities scam". NDTV.com. 2013-06-10. Retrieved 2020-02-15.
- Bharadwaj, K.V. Aditya (2020-01-21). "Irregularities alleged in selection list of gazetted probationers". The Hindu. Retrieved 2020-02-15.
- "Untitled - KPSC - Kar NIC" (PDF).
- "Article-320. Functions of Public Service Commissions". UPSC. 2016-08-08. Retrieved 2020-02-15.
- "Karnataka Public Service Commission". Karnataka Public Service Commission (in Kannada). Retrieved 2020-02-15.
- KPSC – Kerala Public Service Commission
- HPPSC – Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission
- PSCWB – West Bengal Public Service Commission
- Karnataka High Court
- KSP – KARNATAKA STATE POLICE
- Karnataka SSLC Examination Results 2018
- SSCWR – Staff Selection Commission
- HSSC – Haryana Staff Selection Commission