United India Insurance Company is a leading general insurance company, wholly owned by the Government of India and is headquartered in Chennai, India. It was incorporated on 18 February 1938, and nationalised in 1972. United India Insurance Company Branch Locator https://uiic.co.in/en/branch-locator
Previously it was a subsidiary of the General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC). But when GIC became a re-insurance company as per the IRDA Act 1999, its four primary insurance subsidiaries New India Assurance, United India Insurance, Oriental Insurance and National Insurance got autonomy, with effect from March 21, 2003.
Twelve Indian insurance companies, four co-operative insurance societies, five foreign insurers with Indian operations and the general insurance operations of the southern region of Life Insurance Corporation of India were merged with United India Insurance Company Limited to form the company.
After nationalization, United India has 14322 nos. work force spread across 2248 offices providing insurance cover to more than 10 million policy holders. The Company has a variety of insurance products to provide insurance cover from bullock carts to satellites.
United India has been in the forefront of designing and implementing complex covers to large customers, as in the cases of ONGC Ltd, GMR - Hyderabad International Airport Ltd., Mumbai International Airport Ltd., Tirumala-Tirupati Devasthanam, Kochi Metro Rail Corporation etc. United India has also been the pioneer in taking Insurance to the rural masses with large scale implementation of Universal Health Insurance Programme of Government of India & Vijaya Raji Janani Kalyan Yojana (covering 4.5 million women in the state of Madhya Pradesh), Tsunami Jan Bima Yojana (in 4 states covering 459,000 of families), National Livestock Insurance and many such schemes.
The Gross Domestic Premium for the Financial Year 2019–20 is Rs. 17500 Crore plus.
|Type of Office||Nos.|
|Corporate Learning Centre||1|
|Large Corporate & Brokers Unit (LCB)||8|
|CLASS I||CLASS II||CLASS III||CLASS IV||TOTAL|
- India, Bank Exams. "United India Insurance to Start AO Recruitment Soon". Retrieved 31 May 2016.
- The General Insurance Business (Nationalisation) Amendment Act, 2002
- Bengal, Government of West. "United India Insurance Company, Ltd". uiic.co.in. Retrieved 31 May 2016.
- "Government Insurance Companies in India – Nationalization and After (United India, National Insurance, LIC, GIC, Oriental Insurance, New India Assurance) | Green World Investor". www.greenworldinvestor.com. Retrieved 31 May 2016.
- PGVCL – Paschim Gujarat Vij Company Ltd.
- PGVCL- Paschim Gujarat Vij Company Ltd.
- WBSEDCL – West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company
- WBSEDCL : West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited
- Air India
- New India Assurance
- Food Corporation of India Recruitment
- AAI – Airports Authority of India
- SBI – State Bank of India
- Best Arts Colleges and Schools in India