Various benefits of doing PGDM course
While understanding the program is not very tough, it gives you the capability of handling roles that are at a senior level. This is just one of the benefits of doing PGDM course, other advantages are:
- Builds confidence level: The benefits of doing PGDM course helps you build your confidence level as you face challenges everyday in the classroom and beyond it. Depending on the specialization opted by you, there are tasks which give you practical training lined up by professors to help you understand concepts. This makes you confident about your solutions and problem solving skills.
- Managerial skills: The other benefits of doing PGDM course is that it helps you with your managerial skills. Since you already have an idea about an organisation as a working professional and understand how firms operate you would only need to enhance your managerial skills to attain responsibilities of higher designations.
- Aids practical learning:The practical learning aspect is not covered under graduation and as such you would remain clueless when you enrol for placements after graduation so if you plan to opt for PGDM after it you would get to learn a lot about industrial culture, corporate environment and working as a team. This is another benefits of doing PGDM course.
- Helps with higher salary package and promotion: One of the main benefits of doing PGDM course is that it helps with getting a good hike and promotion opportunities. Colleges aid you in getting placed with good firms so that you can get a fresh start to your career. They prepare you for questionnaire and group discussion rounds so that you are able to qualify for top firms.
These are all the benefits of doing PGDM course which you can also get just by enrolling into a good college that offers a specialisation of your choice. Keep an eye out for fraudulent universities and fake degrees because many colleges which are not AICTE recognized will try to dupe you into believing they are the best colleges.
Thus, you should make sure that you get admission into an accredited college. Create your own destiny and opportunities when you enrol for PGDM courses, this would enhance your chances to get better designations and promotions easily. You would be able to lead a life of choices rather than compromises and as such you can easily enhance your standard of living just by enrolling for post graduation studies.
There are some reasons why PGDM degree is necessary:
1. It increase your career opportunities: Generally, the more education you have, the better your career opportunities and choices are. A PGDM graduate is an extremely valuable asset to an organization. Because of the competition in today’s business world, you may actually find that you need a Management degree to even get the first job interview. In business schools, PGDM students learn different techniques and skills that can help the businesses grow. Some companies hire Management graduates and even sponsor current employees for a PGDM degree. You know that if a company is willing to pay for employees to get the degree, it’s certainly an asset. Getting a Management degree will increase your chances of finding a great job with a stable company.
2. It increases your salary package: With a Management degree in hand, you can actually demand a higher salary. According to a 2007 Corporate Recruiters Survey, employers are willing to pay significantly more to job candidates having Management degree. The survey suggests that companies will pay up to 84 percent more. A lot of hard work goes into earning a PGDM degree and your salary certainly should reflect that.
3. It helps you in building your network: One of the really valuable parts of getting a PGDM degree is the networking opportunities. When you are studying management, you are with people from all walks of life, all trying to accomplish the same goal. These are the future leaders in the business world. You get a chance to connect with people who may one day lead corporations. These relationships hold a lot of value, not only as a professional, but also for your future endeavours. The relationships you forge in the MBA classroom will get you into groups and organizations that will certainly benefit you in future.
4. Knowledge gained in PGDM lasts for lifetime: Failure and success are two sides of the same coin. I think, one who balances success and failure and learns from both, is the real Management student. Those who have failed 100 times but succeeded on the 101st attempt, know the value of success more than a Management graduate who has spent two years at a B-school. What I mean to say is that a degree is OK, but its real value lies in using its concepts in life too. Going back to school, for any reason, is always a good idea.
5. Management degree is a success tool: If a Management degree is not useful or necessary, then why all big and small companies in their job specification ask for MBA/PGDM with so many years of work experience? Why only PGDM/MBA degree holders are hired for certain positions and non-MBA have to work extra hard to reach there.
Yes there are people who have done well without having an MBA degree but how can one forget the achievements of people with MBA degrees like Ambani Brothers, Ms Indira Nooyi, Ms Vinita Bali, Ms Chanda Kochhar and many more.
- All About MBA
- PGDM Admission procedure
- Executive MBA
- Mba Admission 2019
- Top PGDM Colleges in India
- MBA FAQ and Help